Are you facing the death of a loved one? Let us help you settle their estate as quickly and painlessly as possible so you can carry on in this difficult time with New York Estate Administration.
Working with a New York Estate Administration Attorney
Each estate administration case varies depending on the circumstances, but specific steps remain constant. Our New York estate administration attorney can help you through this process, which includes:
- Filing of a petition with the proper probate court in New York or New Jersey
- Notifying heirs under the Will or to statutory heirs (if no Will exists)
- Petitioning to appoint Executor (in the case of a Will) or Administrator for the estate in New York or New Jersey
- Taking inventory and appraisal of estate assets by Executor/Administrator
- Paying the estate debt to rightful creditors
- Selling of estate assets
- Paying estate taxes in New York, inapplicable
- Distributing final assets to heirs
Our New York law firm has been helping New Yorkers, the Russian community, and Northern New Jersey residents navigate the complicated world of estate administration in Brooklyn, Manhattan (New York City), and surrounding New York areas with their legal issues. From the most straightforward wills to the most complicated trusts, we have seen it all and will be able to use that experience to tailor the perfect legal advice for your situation.
Your Russian Speaking Estate Administration Attorney in New York City and Brooklyn, NY
The Law Offices of Vlad Portnoy P.C. has many years of experience with New York Estate Administration. Our Brooklyn law firm understands this can be a complicated process to navigate alone. We are here to help resolve any legal issues that may arise when dealing with the administration of your New York estate for you, your loved one, and our Russian community. Our Russian-speaking estate administration lawyers can help you navigate the process in New York.