Facing the Death of a Loved One? Let Us Help You Settle Their Estate as Quickly And Painlessly As Possible so You Can Carry On in This Difficult Time with Estate Administration.
Avoid Years of Costly Legal and Emotional Issues with The Right Estate Administration Legal Help. Our firm can:
- Protect the New York Estate by Dealing with Banks, Private Creditors, and Current and Former Business Partners so You Don’t Have To.
- Take A Proactive Approach to Preemptively Mediating Painful Family Conflicts Before They Arise, Carrying Out Any Existing Wishes of Your Loved Fairly with proper estate planning.
- Properly Appoint A Responsible Executor to The Estate, or Deal with Removing One Who Has Been Improperly Managing It.
- Settle the Estate the Right Way, As Quickly as Possible so You Can Get the Closure You Require and Move On with proper estate administration in New York.
Each estate administration case varies depending on the circumstances, but specific steps remain constant. Our New York estate administration attorneys can help you through this process:
- Filing of a petition with the proper probate court in New York or New Jersey
- Notice to heirs under the Will or to statutory heirs (if no Will exists)
- Petition to appoint Executor (in the case of a Will ) or Administrator for the estate in New York or New Jersey
- Inventory and appraisal of estate assets by Executor/Administrator
- Payment of estate debt to rightful creditors
- Sales of estate assets
- Paymentofestatetaxes, inapplicable
- Final distribution of assets to heirs
We have been helping New Yorkers, and residents of Northern New Jersey like you navigate the complicated world of estate administraton for quite a while. From the most straightforward wills to the most complicated trusts, we have seen it all and will be able to use that experience to tailor the perfect legal advice for your situation.